Cognition Education is supporting the Solomon Islands Ministry of Education and Human Development (MEHRD) to design and implement a nation-wide program of professional development (PD) which will:
- provide culturally and contextually relevant whole-school professional development for teachers and leaders
- ensure teachers are confident in effectively using recently published (or soon to be published) curriculum resources
- support teachers to make learning more effective, engaging and authentic, utilising both indigenous and global pedagogical approaches
- focus on sustainability with increasing local leadership and delivery at all levels, including within MEHRD and Local Education Authorities
- be part of the wider development of a Whole Educator Professional Development Framework
- provide support for learning continuity for the period of school closures during Covid 19.